History Public Works Department

Public Works Department was established in 1872 and is headed by Major JFA McNair. The events that led to the establishment of the PWD began in early 1872 when the British East India Company - the trade between England, India, and China - require a secure stations to improve their trading ships. They find Penang suitable for this purpose due to its strategic location. In 1786, they persuaded the Sultan to release the rights to the Penang to their companies. They managed to Penang in 1791 through an agreement. In 1825, the Anglo-Dutch Treaty, Melaka was returned to the British in exchange for Bencoolen. Rafel, in 1819, made a treaty with Sultan Hussein and Temenggong Abdul Rahman to British rights over Singapore. Three of these areas (Penang, Malacca, and Singapore) Straits Settlements led to the establishment in 1826. Another reason that led the British to dominate the region as Tanah Melayu is rich in tin and planting soil is fertile. Road paving when the Pangkor Engagement (1874) added the British influence in Malaya. Throughout the year, they plan to make inroad in Perak, Selangor, and Negeri Sembilan. By their Residents and Subordiante Officers to consult and advise the Malay rulers. After that, the system also resident arrives in Pahang. In 1896, the system was administered centrally in Kuala Lumpur. All four states and Kuala Lumpur was known as Malay States.

 


 
 
History of the Public Works Department Kelantan

While Kelantan JKR was established in 1938 that works to provide infrastructure and land improvements. Some of the tasks associated with the Department of construction works drainage and irrigation has been isolated for the establishment of the Drainage and Irrigation Department -DID (JPT -Shake Drainage and Irrigation which is now known as the Department of Irrigation and Drainage -JPS) in 1956. In Kelantan JKR its early stage, headed by a 'State Engineer' has branch offices are divided into three areas, namely West Kelantan JKR, Kelantan JKR Central and North Kelantan JKR headed by an Executive Engineer prior to the establishment of the Office of the PWD PWD Colony and later the Office for each District The State is headed by the District Engineer.
 

 
Kelantan JKR Establishment information
 
Year    
 
 
Regional and District Administration
1951 West Region- JKR Kelantan Barat Pasir Mas, Tumpat, dan Tanah Merah
1951 Central Region - Central Kelantan JKR Machang, Kuala Krai / Ulu Kelantan
1951 Northern Region - North Kelantan JKR Kota Bharu, Pasir Puteh, Bachok
 
 
Information Establishment of  JKR Office and JKR District
 
Establishment of JKR Office Establishment of JKR District
1951 - JKR Tanah Merah, Pasir Mas and Tumpat 1970 JKR Jajahan Tanah Merah
1970 JKR Pasir Mas/Tumpat
1984 JKR Jajahan Pasir Mas
1984 JKR Jajahan Tumpat
1996 JKR Jajahan Tanah Merah
1996 JKR Jajahan Jeli
1951 - JKR Kelantan Tengah 1963 JKR Jajahan Machang
1963 JKR Kuala Krai/Ulu Kelantan
1978 JKR Kuala Krai
1978 JKR Gua Musang
1963 - JKR Kota Bharu, Pasir Puteh, Bachok 1978 JKR Jajahan Kota Bharu
1978 JKR Pasir Puteh/Bachok
1986 JKR Jajahan Pasir Puteh
1986 JKR Jajahan Bachok
 
 
Chronology of Director in JKR Kelantan
 
Year of Services Director Name
2015 - now Dato' Ir. Hj. Razani Bin Ab Lazid
2011 - 2015 Dato' Ir. Syed Abd Rahman Bin Syed Abdullah
2010 - 2011 Hj. Shafii Bin Muhammad
2009 - 2010 Hj. Zulkefli Bin Mohamad
2007 - 2009 Hj. Adnan Bin Ibrahim
2004 - 2007 Hj. Adnan Bin Ibrahim
2000 - 2004 Dato' Ir. Hj. Annies Bin Mat Ariff
1996 - 1999 Dato' Ir. Hj. Yusoff Bin Ismail
1992 - 1996 Ir. Hj. Yusoh Bin Mohd Hashim
1985 - 1992 Dato' Ir. Tan Yan Fatt
1983 - 1985 Ir. Michel Yu Wen Chieh
1977 - 1983 Ir. Lim Meng Fatt
1975 - 1977 Dato' Khalid Bin Mohamad

 

 Print  Email